This is a lower, "lounge" version of the cantilever of 1926/27. It made its first appearance with the continuous roll and pleat cushion at the Berlin Building Exhibition (Berlin Bau-Ausstellung) in 1931. It was first produced in 1931 by the Bamberg Metallwerkstatten in Berlin. The upholstery solution is generally attributed to Mies's friend and close collaborator Lilly Reich.
Structure in chrome-plated tubular steel. Removable cushions fixed to leather belts
23.6" x 34.6" x 33"h