This armchair may have been shown in 1899 at the London Arts and Crafts Exhibition. It was certainly exhibited at the Vienna Secession in 1900 and was acquired by Koloman Moser. In both these cases a lacquered panel by Mackintosh’s wife, Margaret, was inserted in the oval backrail. This version without an inserted panel is in the Glasgow School of Art Collection.
Structure in black painted ash, upholstered seat.
21 x 18 x 53h